Here are a few of the many questions you might consider asking when you arrive at a winery:
- What kinds of varietals are grown at this winery?
- What have been the best vintages?
- What is the winery’s average yield of harvest grapes per acre?
- Which wines are aged in barrels? How long are the wines aged before being bottled?
- What is the winery’s volume of production?
After reading through this Web site, you should be able to come up with some of your own questions to ask. Approaching a winery’s staff with these kinds of questions is one way of demonstrating interest in the winery’s business, and not simply its wine.